The Latest Power Manager

Partha Bagchi pb at partha.com
Sat Feb 25 12:40:22 UTC 2006

The latest power manager is competing with the previous one to be the
silliest one of all. It is getting sillier and sillier to use the piece
of abomination especially when it has no exit button, I do not (which
part of not is difficult to understand??) want to use it. Now I have no
way of telling it to do nothing. Unplugging the power puts it in suspend
mode immediately. Considering that the wireless (Broadcom bcm43xx) is
not mature enough (starts with network disconnected balloon), it is an
immediate pain in the butt to reactivate it. Also, since the wireless is
built into the Kernel, no way to get rid of that one either!!

Please give it a rest and include a button to exit from it so that I do
not have to 86 it every time I start the computer.  BTW, in case it is
not clear, I am using this on a laptop.

Sheesh!

uname -a : Linux 2.6.15-1.1977_FC5 #1 SMP Thu Feb 23 14:55:24 EST 2006
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux