Burning ISOs

Leon Stringer leon.stringer at ntlworld.com
Sat Feb 25 19:35:28 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-02-25 at 19:26 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday 25 February 2006 19:18, Dane Mutters wrote:

> > > August 2003?
> >
> > 	Yes, I know it's old, but I think it may still be relevant to your
> > problem.
> >
> Is there a problem?  As Stella said, k3b can handle it.

Yes, there are two problems:

	If GNOME offers to burn ISOs to CD it should work

	You should be able to test the CDs reliably.

Because I'm keen to find out where the GNOME problem is I've been
testing with cdrecord.

I've managed one successful burn with:

cdrecord dev=/dev/hda speed=10 padsize=63s -pad -dao -v -eject
FC-5-Test3-i386-disc1.iso

As recommended in the link from the above article
(http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/coasterless.htm).

I'll install k3b and see what the results are like.

Thanks for your replies!