eth0 ceases to function after reboot on FC5T3

David Timms dtimms at bigpond.net.au
Sun Feb 26 00:28:43 UTC 2006

Dane Mutters wrote:
> 	I just installed test 3 from DVD, and after rebooting eth0 will no longer
> work.  I can't ping local or internet addresses by name or by IP.  Currently,
> it's set to static IP, but DHCP doesn't work either.  It worked fine during
> the installation and on the first boot, but quit after that.
Can you give the result of ifconfig ?
Also, what is in /etc/hosts  and /etc/resolv.conf
Can you ping localhost ?
Can you ping the eth0 address (potentially retrieved from ifconfig) ?

In anaconda, did you set the address to static or dhcp ?
Did you provide a hostname ?
When you said currently: what method have you been using to try
different ethernet settings ?
What is the ethernet adapter ?
Is this a wireless adapter ?
What is the result of lspci ?
How about lsmod ?

> 	Any ideas?  Should this be filed as a bug report, or is this a known issue?
I don't know, perhaps there is an error being logged in
/var/log/messages ? grep eth0 /var/log/messages that can shed more light
on the problem.
In any case to make a bugzilla report you would need to provide info
like the above; might as well provide it here first, so that there is
enough info for others to help/refer you to bugzilla etc. Also, perhaps
provide the age and manufacturer/model of the machine (or component
parts if hand assembled).

> I tried googling for it, but turned up no solutions.
Possibly to new for google; and there is some finesse required in
massaging bugzilla to not give "zero bugs found".

DaveT.