Mouse lockups in X.org w/ ATI

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Sun Feb 26 07:50:00 UTC 2006

Using FC5-test3, will all of the updates as of tonight, I'm still seeing
X lose input from the mouse.  None of the functions -- motion, buttons,
or scroll wheel -- function after I'm in X for about a minute.  If I
switch VTs and come back, it's usually working again.  I saw this
problem in the installer, and have seen it consistently as I've applied
updates since installing a couple of days ago.

Nothing is printed in X.org's log at the time of the lockup, and killing
processes in my X session doesn't restore control of the mouse.  My PS2
keyboard doesn't seem to be affected.

The mouse is a Logitech USB wheel mouse, and in case it matters, I'm
using an ATI video card.  X.org's log says:

(--) PCI:*(1:0:0) ATI Technologies Inc Radeon RV250 If [Radeon 9000] rev
1, Mem @ 0xf0000000/26, 0xff7f0000/16, I/O @ 0xc800/8, BIOS @ 0xff7c0000/17
(--) PCI: (1:0:1) ATI Technologies Inc Radeon RV250 [Radeon 9000]
(Secondary) rev 1, Mem @ 0xec000000/26, 0xff7e0000/16

Is anyone else seeing this problem?  I've only seen one other post on
the list archives that looks similar.