Burning ISOs

Ben Steeves ben.steeves at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 16:08:35 UTC 2006

On 2/25/06, Leon Stringer <leon.stringer at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install FC5t3 on another computer, but I can't burn the
> ISOs.
>
> I've tried burning from GNOME and using cdrecord, e.g.
>
> cdrecord dev=/dev/hda -eject -v -dao FC-5-Test3-i386-disc1.iso

Try using -pad.  I haven't burned a coaster in years (on probably four
or five burners).  DVDs are sadly another matter, but even then my
failure rate has been about 5-8%, not too shabby really, and that was
on an older DVD burner.

I also use the ATA: drive specification and burnfree
(driverops=burnfree) if your drive supports it.  I always use cdrecord
at the command line (I hate the idea of having to load in most of KDE
just to run k3b).

 _  Ben Steeves                                    bcs at metacon.ca
( ) The ASCII ribbon campaign                  ben.steeves at unb.ca
 X     against HTML e-mail                     GPG ID: 0xB3EBF1D9
/ \ http://www.metacon.ca/ascii      Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves