Burning ISOs

Mike A. Harris mharris at mharris.ca
Sun Feb 26 18:30:24 UTC 2006

Dariusz J. Garbowski wrote:

>> Use Nero Burning ROM in Windows XP.  It more or less "just works" every
>> time.
>
> And where do I get this stuff? Anybody giving free Windows XP out there?
> ;-)

This suggestion may or may not be economically, morally, or ethically
viable for some people for certain.  I certainly am not advocating
Windows here, just mentioning that it is a solution that works for me
as a workaround for the time being for certain classes of problems. ;)

> Sorry to hear about your problems. I've had completetly opposite
> experiences to Mike -- lots of problem when burning on Windows (well,
> truth is it was some 5 years back I run any Windows on my boxes :) and
> only when I eventually switched completely to Linux I had 100% reliable
> burning. The only failures were to due to bad media or myself really
> that my experience since Mandrake 6 through RH 7.3, RH 9 and FC3 on SCSI
> Teac 4x recorder and later on Pioneer 105 DVD recorder.
>
> I felt I neede to add my comment to this rather depressing thread. Hope
> your problems will get fixed, guys!

Yeah, hopefully.  ;)  Maybe ESR will write a nasty letter about CD
burning support in Linux, and it'll get slashdotted and covered in
all major online media, leading to rock solid CD burning/verifying
support a few weeks later. ;)  It worked somewhat for printing
anyway, so we can remain hopeful. ;)

--
Mike A. Harris  *  Open Source Advocate  *  http://mharris.ca
                       Proud Canadian.