FC5T3: Duplicate packages installed

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 21:36:40 UTC 2006

On 2/26/06, Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us> wrote:
> Once upon a time Sunday 26 February 2006 11:21 am, Dariusz J. Garbowski wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I installed FC5T3 x86_64 via network using only first isntall CD.
> > I ended up with some packages sort-of duplicated, e.g.
> >
> try
> rpm -qa --queryformat "%{name}-%{version}-%{release}.%{arch}\n" |grep kde|sort
> you will see that they are the i386 version and the x86_64  this is normal

Why is this not the default queryformat for x86_64?  It would cut down
on a lot of confusion and noise for those new to the x86_64 platform.
And I do not see what it would hurt to make it default in all cases if
it complicates things to make it default for only x86_64.  It's fairly
simple to add this to your .rpmmacros, but the people who will know to
do this will already know about the dual-arch stuff.

Jonathan