2.6.15-1.1955_FC5 memory leak?

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Mon Feb 27 00:29:08 UTC 2006

On Monday 27 February 2006 02:52, Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> > Is there a known kernel memory leak in 2.6.15-1.1955_FC5?
>
> Is this the stock kernel?
> Does it have any 3rd party modules installed?

Stock kernel with no 3rd party modules.

> I ask, because I ran into a memory leak with the 1955 LSPP kernel, with
> madwifi and nvidia installed.

That's a different thing.  My machine in question has no wifi and no X.

> Steve Grubb later said he's found some sort of leak, and it will be fixed.
> I am now running stock 1977 kernel, will wait and see if it leaks.

I'm now running that version too.  I guess I'll have an idea of how good it is
in about 9 days time.  Of course there is the possibility that the memory
leak was triggered by some sort of DOS attack in which case the attacker
might just target someone else's machine and mine might stay working even
with a buggy kernel.  :(