New tester

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Mon Feb 27 12:00:13 UTC 2006

On 27.02.2006 09:38, Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> I have just setup a machine solely for the purpose of testing, I shall
> append the specs to this post. For now, I have yummed to
> updates-released, adn then updates-testing. What do I do as a tester?
> I have no familiarity with the processs, just the will to help.

you should know  https://bugzilla.redhat.com
you should have a lot of time and a good internet-connection

you should have a good  lug=linux user group
you should know how to quote
you should not be a mimosa
you should know  rpm, vi, rescue mode, askmethod, interactive mode,
runlevel 3,  ... in other words = how to help yourself

you should have a good social environment or a lot of beer
your family/friends should not fall in panic if you are disappeared for
several days behind the internet, bugzilla, man-pages, ...
do not try to explain your windows-users-friends  what you are doing and
why you prefer linux over windows
do not try to explain your doctor why you do not know the so called real
time, real date, your real name, real actual news, ...

you should not ask yourself why you are spending such a lot of time for
and with linux for free
you should always have a plan to go back in the so called normal life

but ... what do you want to test ?

- older releases see  http://fedoralegacy.org/
rhl7.3  updates
rhl9  updates