NFS install of FC5 T3

William John Murray w.j.murray at rl.ac.uk
Mon Feb 27 11:40:32 UTC 2006

  Hello there,
               I am confused by the NFS install procedure. I have done
it on two machines, with mixed impressions. In each case the host ran
FC4.
  For the first one, I am 99% sure all I did was copy all 6 iso images
into a directory, NFS serve that, and start a second machine installing
using 1 CD. And it worked.

   For the second, I tried the same, and it said the directory did not
contain a Fedora installation. So I read the README, which says to
unpack the iso files. I really don't think I did that the first time,
but never mind. Done. The installation started, then complained there
was no 'repomd' information. So I copied that as well - but if it is
needed it should be in the README.

  Which is correct? Am I dreaming that unpacking the ISO was not needed?
       Bill