Social Engineering of Rawhide

Peter Tiggerdine ptiggerdine at astute-systems.com
Tue Feb 28 03:58:01 UTC 2006

Testers & Developers,

I think somewhere along the way netizens appear to think that Rawhide is
stable ( or at least for public consumption).  I'd think we need to
discuss how we can provide more constructive information  for developers
and send a clear message to non-testers that Rawhide (a.k.a FC5 ) is not
for general use.

I really don't have any suggestion has to how we can achieve the latter
without offending people, but I'm sure someone will. As for the Former,
I'm sure I've seen some documentation on how to write constructive
e-mails on fedoraproject.org in relation to testing Rawhide and going
about debugging.

Maybe there's some way of redirecting people to the testing
documentation before posting ( or at least posting the right details
with associated attachments and what not).

I hope this can inspire some constructive ideas to help us all.

Peter Tiggerdine.