NFS install of FC5 T3

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Tue Feb 28 22:13:37 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 22:47 +1100, David Timms wrote:

> For ftp install I copied each iso to the same folder, created subfolders
> named
> fc5/disc1 disc2 disc3 disc4 disc5, and then mount -o loop each one.
>
> In the ftp install you get asked the ftp server address, and the folder
> containing the install.
> In the folder path you put the path fc5 folder name.
> The installer first guesses you have the whole (dvd) tree there, but
> when it doesn't find the whole thing there it also tries the /disc1 etc
> path, at the same folder level.
> This can be seen be going to the ctrl-alt-F3 or F4 terminals, as it
> tries it.

With the nfs install, you just need to have the appropriate ISO's (1-5
in this case I think) in the same directory, with NO OTHER ISO's.  As in
iso 1 thru 5 in the same dir.  And make sure it's setup to be nfs shared
(via exports file and such).  Just burn a copy of the image/boot.iso, or
cd #1 or whatever, boot, at the prompt type 'linux askmethod' and away
you go.

There is no need to unpack the ISO's at all.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's only funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious!"