Cinema Display 30 and Radeon 9600

Scott catfather at donpoo.net
Tue Feb 28 23:39:21 UTC 2006

On Feb 28, 2006, at 4:16 PM, Scott wrote:
> First off, this is NOT on a Mac or PPC system. :)
>
> I seem to have run into a hardware issue while trying out FC5 test
> 3 i386. I have an ATI Radeon 9600 (RV350 AGP) connected to an Apple
> Cinema Display 30. This card is known to support the dual link dvi
> connection required to display 2560x1600 which is the native
> resolution of the ACD 30.

Attached are my xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log files. Using these basic
settings I get no video when running 'X' as root. (just for testing,
things like gdm and startx do not work either, obviously). I see in
the Gentoo wiki that someone has this display working under Linux
using the binary nvidia driver however obviously I'm trying to use
the xorg provided radeon driver for my Radeon 9600 adapter.

Wild ass guess, does the radeon driver properly setup dual link dvi
mode which is required by this display?  For reference here's the
Gentoo wiki page: http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Apple_30%
22_Cinema_Display#xorg.conf