mysql tools

DAVID BENTLEY david.r.bentley at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 2 15:11:22 UTC 2006

As these are not already available in extra's I assume that there is
 a very good reason for this as with no tweaking at all I have just
 built the administrator package after installing it with yum localinstall
 to satisfy its dependancies and then subsequently the query browser
 (this needed a small tweak).

 So with a bit of tweaking I have now built both packages and have
 as a result of the build process re-packaged sources that build cleanly.

 mysql-administrator-1.1.5-1.FC4.src.rpm
 mysql-query-browser-1.1.17-1.FC4.src.rpm

 as well as the resultig install packages.

 These ofcourse are not signed packages nor do they put icons in the
 menu's but working icons can be copied to the desktop or panel from
 /usr/share/aplications.

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez at ivazquez.net> wrote: On Sun, 2006-01-01 at 13:52 +0000, DAVID BENTLEY wrote:
> A Friend of mine has just changed to using linux (FC4)
> for his mysql server
> and is disappointed at the lack of gui administration
> tools such as
> mysql administrator and query browser that he used
> under windows.
>
> He has successfully used the statically linked
> tarballs from the mysql site
> but is wondering if these tools will be available as
> RPM type installs in
> Core 5 or even core 4 via extra's in future.

Are you volunteering to maintain them in Extras?

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams
http://fedora.ivazquez.net/

To unsubscribe: