FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Fri Jan 20 04:17:47 UTC 2006

Hi

>>Define bloat. What is bloat for you is crucial for others.
>>

>They can get their "crucial" stuff from Extras...

Not for regions where bandwidth cost a lot more.

>There's nothing magic about 4 CDs - it's just a reality check that says
>"hey, we are growing with no end in sight". It's not the size that's the
>problem - it's the endless growth.

If we are fighting endless growth, we should be defining what core
really means and then trim core to meet this goal which would result in
a single CD or just build different targets like server or desktop. The
current method of packages showing up and disappearing in core without
an obvious reason behind them is not really sustainable.

--
Rahul