FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

Fulko.Hew at sita.aero Fulko.Hew at sita.aero
Fri Jan 20 16:26:17 UTC 2006

"Eric Wood" <eric at interplas.com> on 01/20/2006 11:11 AM by saying:

> From: <Fulko.Hew at sita.aero>
> > Personally I _do_ want to keep seeing an 'everything' option.
> >
> > On production machine I am very selective about what gets installed
> > so I would never install 'everything' there.
> >
> > Choice is good!
>
> So, you don't want to keep seeing "Install Everything" option but instead
of
> ignoring it

No.  I said, (and you quoted me)  "I _do_ want to see an 'install
everything' option".

> (certainly a temptation), you decide to remove the choice from
> others......

No, I don't want it removed, and I never said I did.

> I am indeed perplexed.

What I said was: "on a production machine ... I would never 'install
everything'".

That doesn't mean the option wouldn't or shouldn't still be there,
just that under _that_ circumstance, I wouldn't click it.

Please read all my original sentences... in context.  I give two scenarios.

If the 'everything' option is removed, I can only do scenario b) easily...
If the 'everything' option is left in (my preference), then I can do
scenarios a) _and_ b) easily.

I want the later.