Mplayer Deps.

CodeHeads ch at code-heads.com
Sat Jan 21 17:12:26 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-21 at 17:19 +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 02:42:16AM +1030, n0dalus wrote:
> > On 1/22/06, David Nielsen <gnomeuser at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > > Regardless of this MPlayer has serious patent infrigement problems and
> > > the design of their system makes it unsuitable for packaging with Fedora
> >
> > Yep, like many other OSS multimedia players. I don't think it's hard
> > to disable these when you compile it.
>
> Thankfully not everyone lives in the US so some of us don't have to put
> up with stupid US patent system and law. I think that's exactly why
> such software is being written in Europe, and not in the US.
>
> > Please don't spread FUD.
>
> I couldn't agree more. Thanks.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann*at*icm.edu.pl>
> Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling
> Warsaw University  |  http://www.icm.edu.pl  |  tel. +48 (22) 5540810

I have tried totem and I could never get it to work. Mplayer plays all
the formats I need. Quite frankly if I pay for a M$ os, I expect that I
can use the dll's for what I want!! Oh, all M$ is worried about is $!!
Linux on the other hand is worried about the user.  I wish I knew more
then I do so I can help a lot more, but, that time will come.  For
people who volunteer to maintain this project, my hat is off to you
all!!! :)

I swear by Fedora!! I am running several production servers from this
OS, all FC4. I did an upgrade from FC2.
So far I am very happy with FC5T2!  There was bugs, but hey, it is
titled "Test"! I do not think some people are getting that. A test
release is for testing so the bugs can get worked out.

--
~WILL~
Public Key: 0x21715193