FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Sun Jan 22 19:24:01 UTC 2006

Hi

> I have a friend that uses kickstart to make sure his groups CVS server
> can be rebuilt quickly in an emergency. I don't want to go through the
> learning curve that he did when I only get a couple new workstations a
> year. I'm not a sysadmin by trade, I'm trying to do research. If fact,
> I'm not the one installing the machines, I make people follow my
> instructions off the web site, I'll just have to be updating those for
> FC5 if we move to it.

Thats fine and you can ask the people involved to list potential areas
of improvement in reducing the learning curve and we can look into it.
One of the things thats being done is better documentation and by the
way if you can provide details of the deployment do mail me off list.

> In any case, I'm happy to use "yum" postinstall to get what I want, I
> just wanted to say that I did use the "everything".
>
> I'm much more suprised that "minimal" might be going away, since that
> does seem to be a much more "targeted" install to want to have.

True. I dont think it should go away either.

--
Rahul