fc5 test2 issues

Marcin Grabda grabka999 at interia.pl
Sun Jan 22 21:16:23 UTC 2006

Hi.

I have recently installed fedora core 5 test 2 and I must say that this
relase looks promising (as fedora used to :) ). I noticed speedup when
starting gnome and fedora at all. New clearlooks also looks really nice.
But due to testing nature of this release I noticed also some bugs. I've
got some questions about them.

- menu item selection in clearlooks is rectangular - is it ok? maybe
that's new clearlooks look? in fc4 it looks much better (I can provide
patch for this, I think)
- also fonts seem to be other than those standard fonts in fc4; is it
only test2 issue?
- suspend/hibernate - it does not work on my toshiba satellite m45
laptop; resume from suspend halts my laptop
- gnome screensaver - I heard that this program allows to switch users;
am I missing something?
- I heard also about new cursor theme.. in my installation there is no
such thing.. I've got standard X cursor..

I am still testing this release by using ;) Maybe these are not bugs,
but I think that it could be useful. First impressions are also important.

Greetings,
Marcin