up2date

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sat Jan 28 22:58:26 UTC 2006

CodeHeads wrote:

> Yum is so much better then up2date.  Man yum and see what you get.  I do
> not even use yumex (GUI version), all command line.

Does yum do unattended downloads without installing? Think a cronjob
Does yum get source for a package?

Most of the extra features in yum I care less about than the ability to
have updates downloaded and ready when I want to update the system.
Almost everyone needs to download the updates, and I think everone who
tries it will find "up2date -fud" a great convenience for day-to-day
maintenance.
Yum has some great conveniences too, but I find those it lacks overwhelming.

"Yum is so much better than up2date" that I use the latter.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait