FC5 yum error for selinux -policy-targeted

Darwin H. Webb thethirddoorontheleft at verizon.net
Tue Jan 3 23:36:26 UTC 2006

Doug Henderson wrote:
> On my FC5 rawhide box, I am getting the following message
>
> Updating  : selinux-policy-targeted      ####################### [20/58]
> libsemanage.parse_module_headers: Data did not represent a module.
> Failed!
>
> from yum when updating to :
>
> selinux-policy-targeted noarch  2.1.6-22  development       459 k
>
> IIRC this message has appeared with previous updates.

What was your recovery process for this error?
I rebooted to get the new 1808 kernel and the screen rolded by hundreds
of SELinux messages,
dropped me into a recove user mode or reboot.
It said setenforce 0 had be set
I tried to fixfiles relabel and touch ./autorelabel
but the f/s were mounted ro  (all were LVM except /boot)
Ctrl-D only rebooted
I tried setenforce 1 on the boot line

Didn't know what else to try.
I only had this installed for 2 days.