mysql tools

Bill Crawford billcrawford1970 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 22:56:07 UTC 2006

DAVID BENTLEY wrote:
> As these are not already available in extra's I assume that there is
> a very good reason for this as with no tweaking at all I have just
> built the administrator package after installing it with yum localinstall
> to satisfy its dependancies and then subsequently the query browser
> (this needed a small tweak).
>
> So with a bit of tweaking I have now built both packages and have
> as a result of the build process re-packaged sources that build cleanly.
>
> mysql-administrator-1.1.5-1.FC4.src.rpm
> mysql-query-browser-1.1.17-1.FC4.src.rpm
>
> as well as the resultig install packages.
>
> These ofcourse are not signed packages nor do they put icons in the
> menu's but working icons can be copied to the desktop or panel from
> /usr/share/aplications.
 I've had a stab at building the query browser on Rawhide. Builds
successfully after a small patch to correct syntax errors (gcc now no
longer accepts over-qualified struct/class members). Installs fine.
Segfaults when I try to run it, somewhere in the bowels of GNOME.

 I take it they work fine on FC4?