Call for testing rescue.iso

Andy Burns fedora-test at adslpipe.co.uk
Thu Jan 5 02:03:50 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote:

> Hi there all you happy rawhide users!  I need some souls to test the
> rescuecd.iso

Unfortuately this crashes when it's trying to detect/mount the
installation, this is the same failure I've seen when using boot.iso in
rescue mode.

Screenshot at http://adslpipe.co.uk/rescue.jpg

I only booted with vga=773 to fit the entire traceback on screen, but it
occurs in 640x480 mode too. The machine has software raid and lvm
partitions, but these *do* now work thanks to yesterday's nash fix.

If I skip the detect/mount I can manually assemble the raid devices and
mount the ext3 /boot filesystem contained in one of them, I've just
realised I don't know how to manually startup PVs/VGs to see my /, /var,
/tmp & /home LVs :-(