Call for testing rescue.iso

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Jan 5 00:33:56 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 00:14 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:
> OK, I'll give it a spin, one thing I have noticed about using boot.iso
> with "linux rescue" and then using http to retrieve stage2 (or minstage2
> whatever it is) is that if I decline the automated detect/mount under
> /mnt/sysimage I can do an "mdadm --assemble" and mount filesystems
> myself quite happily, but if I accept the automatic detect/mount I get a
> backtrace ...
>
> This _could_ easily be related to the software raid issues that have
> (hopefully) been fixed in today's rawhide, as trying to check failed
> raid installs is the only time I've needed a rescue CD so far, I'll
> check and let you know ....

Ok, thats slightly more than I need tested.  If rescue mode itself isn't
working, please file a bug against anaconda.  We know that rescue needs
some love right now, but knowing exactly which love would be good.  I
basically need to know if the rescue.iso even boots and tries to go into
rescue mode.

Thanks!

--
Jesse Keating