gdm on latest rawhide

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Thu Jan 5 10:28:19 UTC 2006

Russell Coker wrote:

>On Thursday 05 January 2006 19:34, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com> wrote:
>

>>Doesnt seem to be. It is not reported in bugzilla nor is it reproducible
>>in my system now.
>>

>I've just straced the gdm startup.  It seems that gdmgreeter (which
>incidentally is not linked against libselinux) will SEGV repeatedly.
>
>Rahul, do you have your rawhide system fully updated or just updated as of the
>last time "yum update" worked?  On my system I ran a script to update every
>package that had it's dependencies met even through many packages (including
>everything related to Xorg and SSL) could not be updated due to dependencies.
>Therefore I've been seeing many bugs that no-one who just ran "yum update"
>would see.

I use the first script I have documented in the tips and tricks section
in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/yum. gnome-applets and
gnome-system-monitor does not update due to dependency issues with
libgtop-2.0.so.0. GDM version is 2.8.0.4-31.1. I just cleaned yum
metadata and tried again with no changes. SELinux targeted is enabled.
gnome-volume-manager crashes on login but I havent noticed any other
major issues. Anything else you want me to check?