Test kernel with Broadcom BCM43xx wireless support.

Peter Graner pgraner at redhat.com
Thu Jan 5 12:55:39 UTC 2006

David Woodhouse wrote:

>On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 22:05 -0500, Gerald Henriksen wrote:
>

>>Using the latest rawhide kernel it is working fine for me using WEP
>>and NetworkManager on a Dell laptop.
>>
>>Only issue is it seems to be slower than ndiswrapper.
>>

>Try manally slowing it down... 'iwconfig eth1 rate 11M'
>Try also 18M.

On my powerbook G4, 11Mbs works fine couldn't get 18Mbs to work. Also I
have to statically set the IP address dhclient work work, it tries but
finally dies. If I set the IP by and it works just fine.

--
Pete Graner                                email: <pgraner at redhat.com>
Senior Manager                             Office: 919.754.4376