does your video resume after a suspend to ram with kernel-2.6.15-1.1823_FC4

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 16:25:34 UTC 2006

I've tested vbetool and it does work if invoked from the console.  The
video does wake up.  However, I tried and tried and never could get it
to work when invoked from X, using the various wrappers and chvt
tricks that people talk about.  The end result of resuming from within
X is a blurred screen showing a gradient of white-to-pink.

THe hybernate script did work when I installed it with the suspend2
thing and I used suspend to disk.  But suspend to RAM did not restore
the video.

But this is not really helping me to understand the problem.  Resume
DID WORK BEFORE.  With the kernel 2.6.12, my video did restore and
suspend to RAM did work both in console and in X.  That is making me
skeptical about the claim that the laptop BIOS is defective.

Here are my system details

Dell Latitude D800, NVIDIA go5200FX, I've got the newest Dell Bios installed.

Thanks in advance

pj