suspend on fc5

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 16:35:37 UTC 2006

 I have followed the link you mention.
But I can't see the suspend to disk components that the email mentions
were put in (Co-incidentally, after the development described in that
email, my suspend to RAM quit working).

And here is what I see when I follow the instructions in that email
you refer to:

root at pols113 pauljohn]# echo platform > /sys/power/disk
bash: /sys/power/disk: Permission denied

[root at pols113 power]# cat /sys/power/state
standby mem

I'm running the newest test kernel from Dave J's archive,
kernel-2.6.15-1.1823_FC4, and it seems to me that if this suspend to
disk thing did work, I would be seeing it. Wouldn't I?