does your video resume after a suspend to ram with kernel-2.6.15-1.1823_FC4

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 16:41:48 UTC 2006

Which part do you refer to in "current setup in rawhide"?  You mean
g-p-m?  If so, I think that means g-p-m is relying on VBEtool, and
that's probably causing the corruption I experinece.  If X is running
when a VBE suspend is used, then upon restore, the video turns back
on, but the display is just a blurred gradient, and I don't think the
system is responding to the keyboard at all. The caps lock light does
not go on or off in rsponse to the key.

In contrast, if I suspend to RAM with ACPI alone (my script is pasted
in here), then when the system resumes, the video stays dark, but it
does respond to the keyboard.

Thanks in advance
PJ

#!/bin/sh

# do not got to suspend mode if some command fails!
set -e

PATH="/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin"

rmmodules () {
 mname=$1
 if grep $mname /proc/modules ; then
   /sbin/rmmod $mname
 fi
}

# if network is up, shut it down!
if [ -f /var/lock/subsys/network ] ; then
  /sbin/service network stop
fi

/sbin/service syslog stop

# remmod all problematic modules
rmmodules tg3
rmmodules uhci_hcd
rmmodules ehci_hcd
rmmodules hci_usb
rmmodules ipw2200

echo mem > /sys/power/state

# after waking up, move to terminal 1, this give some time to graphic
card to get into sane state
# chvt 1
# sleep 0.5
# change into gui terminal, graphic card is ok at this point
#  chvt 7

/sbin/hwclock --hctosys

#load modules
/sbin/modprobe uhci_hcd