does your video resume after a suspend to ram with kernel-2.6.15-1.1823_FC4

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Sat Jan 7 16:48:47 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-07 at 10:41 -0600, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Which part do you refer to in "current setup in rawhide"?  You mean
> g-p-m?  If so, I think that means g-p-m is relying on VBEtool, and
> that's probably causing the corruption I experinece.  If X is running
> when a VBE suspend is used, then upon restore, the video turns back
> on, but the display is just a blurred gradient, and I don't think the
> system is responding to the keyboard at all. The caps lock light does
> not go on or off in rsponse to the key.

g-p-m just calls the hal suspend method, which then calls pm-suspend if
it exists.  And in pm-suspend, we ensure that we've switched away from X
before doing any of the other suspend stuff.  But trying to put together
a mismash of the stuff on top of FC4 doesn't really give me confidence
that you're testing the full picture.

Jeremy