mysql tools

DAVID BENTLEY david.r.bentley at btinternet.com
Sat Jan 7 21:44:46 UTC 2006

FYI

Had a look today at all of the files available on my
prefered mirror site
http://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/MySQLAdministrationSuite
and found that both source and built rpm packages
exist for fc4 for both 1.1.17 and 1.1.18 (dated
6/1/06) of the query browser as well as a generic rpm
of version 1.1.5 of the administrator and can confirm
thus far that both the query browser ver 1.1.17 and
the administrator perform flawlessly.

The version I built from the generic source rpm of the
administrator although it builds successfully (ie
completes) locks up unlike the supplied rpm or tar.gz
package which are statically linked to older libraries
and although the query browser I built earlier after a
bit of tinkering does build it also seems to lock up
whereas their supplied fc4 (ver 1.1.17) also works
fine but is considerably larger than mine so I presume
it is again statically linked against older libraries.