rescue CD isos

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Tue Jan 10 17:48:10 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote:

>Rescue CD isos should be named by arch now, and there is i386, x86_64,
>and ppc (ppc handles ppc, ppc64, mac, and chrp).
>
>Would uses of these arches please try booting the rescue CDs to make
>sure they are doing the right thing?  I'm particularly concerned about
>PPC as we've never generated rescueCDs for PPC (and I wrote some of the
>code so there is guaranteed to be some bugs (;  )

download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/isos/rescuecd-ppc.iso
  powerbook g4 1 x 1,7 ghz  - is no bootable device
  powermac g5 2 x 2 ghz  -  is no bootable device

download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/ppc/images/boot.iso
  powerbook g4 1 x 1,7 ghz  -  is bootable
  powermac g5 2 x 2 ghz  -  is bootable but freezes after a few seconds

--
shrek-m