New schedule for FC5 Test2 ISO roll-out?

Chasecreek Systemhouse chasecreek.systemhouse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 20:24:02 UTC 2006

On 1/10/06, John (J5) Palmieri <johnp at redhat.com> wrote:

> dbus-qt was never enabled in a release.  It was on for awhile in
> rawhide.  How is it installed from a fresh install?

Not real sure (the iMac system is at my house.)

But, it's a library related issue and the dbus v0.60 doesn't want to
upgrade.  I'll post my yum log when I get back home -- the system in
question doesn't have Internet access ... so it may be tomorrow before
I can tell you.

Overall, for a Test Release, FC5 works great on my PPC.  I would say
that a lot of the problems are related to co-dependencies.  Typically
all one would need to do would be wait for the cross-dependencies to
be worked out on the yum mirror -- or do what I did with kdedevelop,
build it from source (I needed Quanta and it wasn't installed by a
fresh build.)

Bill
--
WC -Sx- Jones | http://ccsh.us/ | Open Source Consulting