Package manager

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Jan 11 02:27:11 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 17:15 -0700, Don Springall wrote:
> Well this seems to be a 100% improvement on system-config-packages with only
> repository configuration left to implement.  My only question is on the
> desktop group. It seems to be empty.

There are actually two desktop groups in the comps file, one of them is
just empty ;-)  I need to remove the empty one.

> Also it does not seem to have everything from extras in there like xfce and
> wine. Is it not using the same repositories as yum ?

It does, but it requires things to be in a comps file.  Extras does not
(yet) have a comps file in place.  But we already have a starting point
from some work done a few months ago, it just requires cleaning up and
adapting for some of the comps changes.

Jeremy