pup and pirut exiting behavior?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Sat Jan 14 21:39:16 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 01:14 -0500, Jim Cornette wrote:
> I was testing out pup which a correction was made to accomidate security
> content. My curiousity is regarding how these programs are supposed to
> finish up the updates and the duties the programs are designed to
> handle. both programs finish with no indication that they completed
> successfully. They do not show an aftermath of rpm errors. The queries
> on databases shows the package is intact, installed and with no missing
> components.

It's something I've been back and forth about.  Having someone ask is
enough to convince me to add the simple "software update successful"
dialog for the success case.  Will show up in pirut-0.9.4-1 (now
building).  Also, note that given the impressive amount of code
duplication, both the pup and pirut frontend are now in the pirut
package.

Jeremy