pup and pirut exiting behavior?

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Jan 15 01:24:38 UTC 2006

Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 01:14 -0500, Jim Cornette wrote:
>
>>I was testing out pup which a correction was made to accomidate security
>>content. My curiousity is regarding how these programs are supposed to
>>finish up the updates and the duties the programs are designed to
>>handle. both programs finish with no indication that they completed
>>successfully. They do not show an aftermath of rpm errors. The queries
>>on databases shows the package is intact, installed and with no missing
>>components.
>

> It's something I've been back and forth about.  Having someone ask is
> enough to convince me to add the simple "software update successful"
> dialog for the success case.  Will show up in pirut-0.9.4-1 (now
> building).  Also, note that given the impressive amount of code
> duplication, both the pup and pirut frontend are now in the pirut
> package.
>
> Jeremy

Thanks! It would be nice to know when pup completes updated by
confirmation. The possibility that it exited before completion was my
major concern for confirming.

When pirut contains pup, will it remove the pup package? I tried
removing pirut and pup. Reinstall pirut, then run pup with no launching
of pup.

Combining the programs sounds rational.

Jim

--
We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity -- so UP yours, Microsoft!