More on pulling in mono (was Rawhide updates 14th Jan 2006)

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Mon Jan 16 04:40:28 UTC 2006

At an educated guess, it was around the 20060110 update.

In this update:

nautilus-2.13.3-2
-----------------
* Mon Jan 09 2006 Alexander Larsson <alexl at redhat.com> - 2.13.3-2
- Buildrequire libbeagle

It's unclear when libbeagle was introduced.  I've searched the Rawhide
updates but it's not noted. (bug??).  libbeagle requires mono so this is
when you would've got mono installed.  (it was when it installed on my
system doing the daily 'sudo yum update')

Rodd

On Sun, 2006-01-15 at 12:05 -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-01-15 at 17:02 +0000, Paul F. Johnson wrote:
> > That's just it - I have never installed mono, other than from the
> > source, on this machine. I check when I do updates and nothing. Same
> > applied for the laptop which hadn't been updated in over a week.
>
> *SOMEWHERE* along the line you have a mono-core package installed.  rpm
> -qi mono-core for us would you?  If you haven't allowed yum to update it
> yet, it may prove helpful finding out where it came from.
>
> --
 It's much better on my side"