rawhide report: 20060111 changes

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Mon Jan 16 05:25:10 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 17:01 -0800, Darwin H. Webb wrote:
> So, they make me scroll countless lines to see their text, I make
> them
> scroll too to see mine.
>
> Bottom posting is stupid and I'm letting the linux and uniux minority
> tell me otherwise based on some old farts from long ago spreading
> their
> religion as if they were gods.
>
> So byte me and mind your on business.

Ouch!

As a heads up, in evolution (and I guess other mail clients) if you
highlight the text you want to refer to and then click reply, it only
quotes that text in the reply message window.

This makes bottom, top (or other) posting without a lot of replying and
cutting very very easy.

If you don't want to comment under the text, then I'll live, but it does
help to keep the flow of conversation in context.

Rodd

PS. I've put a little sauce on my head, in case you want to bite it off
too (just to make it a little more tasty).  ;-]
 It's much better on my side"