yum wants to remove my kernels, why?

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Mon Jan 16 14:48:09 UTC 2006

On Sunday 15 January 2006 02:46, Jim Cornette wrote:
> There is a plugin included in yum which will keep the running kernel
> (hopefully) and the newly installed kernel. It will remove the previous
> versions that add up to more than two kernels.

I'm not sure I've understood this thread,
but in my view the default should be to keep the current, working kernel
as the default (as I believe it used to be).
Also I don't see why any old kernels should be removed automatically.
Surely it is easy enough to do that if one wants to?

I run yum automatically on a remote machine, and have had some problems
with new kernels being installed and run automatically.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366