How many FireFox 64bit users are there?

Jonathan Corbet lwn-fedora-test at lwn.net
Mon Jan 16 15:16:56 UTC 2006

Justin Conover <justin.conover at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm curious how many of the 64 bit os users out there, really need a 64bit
> web browser?
>
> Is there any reason you couldn't live with a 32 bit one?

Clearly a 32-bit one can be made to work.  Maintaining large 32-bit
applications on a 64-bit system is a pain, however, and I find myself
increasingly wondering if it's really worth it.  I'd love to get to the
day where I wasn't carrying duplicate copies of all those libraries,
dealing with update conflicts between them, and so on.  So I'd certainly
be happier with a 64-bit browser.

jon