FC5T2 and LVM

Mick Mearns off_by_1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 17 11:13:13 UTC 2006

Hi;
  I started to install T2 and it wants to create LVM volumes.
The drive I want to install on has FC5T1 on it, and some data
partitions.
T2 wants to format the whole drive.

I do not want to use LVM, and stick with /dev/hdbx partitions.
(sometimes I use explore2fs from XP - wont work with LVM)

I read in the release notes that anaconda is better and easier to
use???
I have removed all labels on the drives (e2label /dev/hdx "").
In FC5T1 I was able to install normally, and pick my partitions.

I have:
hda1     W98SE    to upgrade XP when viruses take it down.
hda2     extended
hda5     XP
hda6     ntfs for dvd images

hdb1 FC5T1 /boot
hdb2       /mnt/downloads
hdb3       /usr
hdb4       extended
hdb5       /home
hdb6       /usr/local
hdb7       /
hdb8       swap
hdb9       /var
hdb10      /mnt/mp3

hdc dvd/cdwriter

hdd1 FC4 /boot
hdd2 swap
hdd3       /

I want to install FC5T2 to /dev/hdb.
I was using the nifty new graphical installer.

Mick M.

Dogs have Masters - Siamese Cats have Staff!