FC5T2 and Development issues, observations, and questions

Nathan Grennan fedora-test-list at cygnusx-1.org
Tue Jan 17 17:53:19 UTC 2006

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 1/17/06, Nathan Grennan <fedora-test-list at cygnusx-1.org> wrote:
>
>> 1. I noticed that the options to enabled or disable the firewall and
>> selinux are now in firstboot. This created a situation where I filed a
>> bug on httpd about large file support. In the end I figured out it was
>> really selinux, but I had disabled selinux during firstboot. The problem
>> came with the fact I hadn't rebooted. Overall I think the trend to
>> moving everything to firstboot is a bad one, but I don't expect to be
>> able to change the developers minds'.
>>

> You did a fresh install of fc5t2 but you didn't reboot? I'm a little
> confused so I want to make sure I understand what you mean here. Do
> you mean after running firstboot as normal on a fresh install.. you
> didn't do a subsequent reboot? And that the changes you make to
> selinux configuration during firstboot require an additional reboot
> that you were not aware of?

  I did a fresh install of FC5T2. I then booted FC5T2 for the first
time. Firstboot started, and two of the options during the process were
selinux and the firewall. I told firstboot to disable both. I then
finished using firstboot and started using the system. I did not reboot.
I found the problem with large file support and httpd. I filed a bug
report about it. Later I realized that maybe selinux was still enabled,
even though I told firstboot to disable it. I then rebooted the system,
and on reboot selinux was disabled. I then repeated my tests for the
httpd bug and found it was gone.