NVIDIA driver no longer builds with Rawhide kernel

Nathan Grennan fedora-test-list at cygnusx-1.org
Tue Jan 17 22:30:58 UTC 2006

alan wrote:
> I have not tested if the kernel in FC5T2 has the problem, but
> 2.6.15-1.185[78] cannot compile the nvidia driver from nvidia.com.
>
> Not certain why yet.  I will report more when I have more data.

  I have gotten it to work with the right patches. There is a sticky
thread at the top of the nvnews.net linux nvidia forum that has one
patch with all the patches list, and then each patch individually.

The sticky thread:

<http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=15669&d=1137296933>Disclaimer:
Technically the nvidia driver not compiling isn't the Fedora projects
fault and most developers don't want to support it.