Flash Player 7--installed but doesn't work

Justin Conover justin.conover at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 13:53:22 UTC 2006

On 1/18/06, Mike Chambers <mike at miketc.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 00:03 -0500, Alexander Sukhodolsky wrote:
> > I downloaded flash 7, untarred (xvf) and, as root, installed into
> > (when it prompted): /usr/lib/mozilla
>
> When I install flash (via cd install-flash-player7-linux) and
> run ./flashplayer-installer, it asks me what dir and I have to
> use /usr/lib/mozilla-1.7.12 and not mozilla.  Same goes for Firefox and
> using the version number.  So you may have had to install it to
> mozilla-1.7.12 instead.  I guess you *could* just copy over the
> libflashplayer.so file to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins dir and that would
> work.
>
> --
> Mike Chambers
> Madisonville, KY
>
> "It's only funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious!"
>
> --

The selinux context is incorrect:

 ls -Z
-rwxr-xr-x  justin   justin   user_u:object_r:user_home_t
flashplayer.xpt
-rwxr-xr-x  justin   justin   user_u:object_r:user_home_t
libflashplayer.so

Changed to

chcon system_u:object_r:texrel_shlib_t

 ls -Z
-rwxr-xr-x  justin   justin   system_u:object_r:textrel_shlib_t
flashplayer.xpt