FC5t2 DVD install report - Success

G.Wolfe Woodbury ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us
Wed Jan 18 20:22:05 UTC 2006

I downloaded and burned the DVD version of FC5t2 yesterday and late last
night did the install.  All went well (especially Firstboot without RHGB)
and everything I normally test works well.

Anaconda still doesn't pick up on the ISAPNP 3c509 ethernet card so eth1
isn't configured. (Workaround is still system-config-network hand
installing.)

FC5t2 properly detected the Trident Cyberblade as the primary video
adapter and did not try to use the ATI Radeon PCI card for the X server
like certain other distributions tried to do.

?: Would it be possible to have the hw detection software trace up the
line from the monitor detection to properly identify the video card?
Where would I file a RFE (against X?)

Next I'll apply today's rawhide as updates (via kyum) and see if
anything breaks egregiously. :-)

--Wolfe
--
G.Wolfe Woodbury     `- -'