FC5t2 DVD install report - Success

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Wed Jan 18 20:28:57 UTC 2006

G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:

>I downloaded and burned the DVD version of FC5t2 yesterday and late last
>night did the install.  All went well (especially Firstboot without RHGB)
>and everything I normally test works well.
>
>Anaconda still doesn't pick up on the ISAPNP 3c509 ethernet card so eth1
>isn't configured. (Workaround is still system-config-network hand
>installing.)

Any bug report filed? If not kindly do so.

>FC5t2 properly detected the Trident Cyberblade as the primary video
>adapter and did not try to use the ATI Radeon PCI card for the X server
>like certain other distributions tried to do.
>
>?: Would it be possible to have the hw detection software trace up the
>line from the monitor detection to properly identify the video card?
>Where would I file a RFE (against X?)

I guess X is fine. If possible supply the xorg.conf information and
other details including the distributions which did it correctly in the
bug report.

>Next I'll apply today's rawhide as updates (via kyum) and see if
>anything breaks egregiously. :-)

Can you try using pup/pirut just during the test/development releases?.
The default tools need to be tested and well integrated.

--
Rahul