Strange monitor behavior

Alexander Sukhodolsky umdsasha at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 21:33:48 UTC 2006

I set yum to update my packages and it started downloading all of them.  So
I decided to step away for about 10 minutes.  When I came back to check out
the progress, the screen had dimmed--but the stuff was still working in the
background--I am running a laptop hooked up to power, btw.  But the cursor
is just as bright as normal.  Kind of strange behavior...any ideas?
BTW--I haven't restarted it yet to check out if it is permanent or not--my
guess is that it's not.  Will update on that just as soon as yum is
finished.

Alex