Apache/PHP rpms - missing mod-access.so and PHP not compiled with MYSQL support

DanG dgenn at rogers.com
Thu Jan 19 02:21:57 UTC 2006

Hi folks after trying to run Apache on install of Fedora Core 5 test2 I
have a number of problems (even after updating to latest packages).

1. the DSO mod-access.so is missing for Apache 2 (tried yum provides and
this file is only associated with lighttpd which is incorect) and httpd
won't run without it after a base install of the OS as it is listed in
the config file to load.
2. PHP 5 is compiled without MySQL support (not a normal configuration
for PHP is it?)

Any quick fixes or direction to fix the above is greatly appreciated as
I need to get those daemons and PHP working properly.

Thanks,

Dan