.1861 Oops enabling eth0/eth1?

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu Jan 19 21:20:14 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 01:11:59PM -0800, Tom London wrote:
 > OK. This now has me stumped....
 >
 > Booting with 'vga-791' pauses for about 1.5 minutes trying to enable

did you just typo the email or really use that ? It should be '=' not '-'

 > eth0, but now it just fails and goes on to eth1 which also fails.
 > (I'm running off a different network than before, so perhaps something
 > about the DHCP server is different, etc.).

Could be.. changing resolution shouldn't have any effect on any other
part of the system.

 > Could there be something funny with the e1000 driver?   Something else?

There was a large update in yesterdays push, and I think there was
some discussion on linux-kernel about it being broken. Todays snapshot
should be better.  I'll build it in an hour or so, it'll turn up
at http://people.redhat.com/davej/kernels/Fedora/devel/ shortly
afterwards.

		Dave