FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

Jim Martin bavinic at comcast.net
Fri Jan 20 02:43:39 UTC 2006

CodeHeads wrote:

>Linux Counter (li.counter.org) #386711 wrote:
>

>>I just ftp'd the 5 disks, and put it on my system. Firstly, the
>>installer sucks. Graphical only displays the top left corner of the
>>screen, showing none of the useful information. I had to use text,
>>which was completely garbled. Then, I got to the package selection
>>screen. I know that they're still working on it, but come on! With no
>>'everything' option,I got very minimal packages. I decided to use
>>add/remove packages. This crashed pretty much immediately. I'm stuck
>>with a pile of minimal non-working crud. FC4T2 was SOOOO much better.
>>Hope to see you in final.
>>
>>poly-p man
>>

>We very well for me, text and graphical.
>
>As for installing everything, I do not like to do that. It takes the fun
>out of learning and experimenting with things.
>
>~WILL~

Yeah I agree, the "everything" Option will not be missed, I never did
find it useful. I installed fc5t2 today, and had no major problems, a
minor one with nVidia, but it too will be worked out. I think those who
are working on FC5 are doing a great job, I love the new look, it
installs (for the most part) faster and it is cleaner. I personally
would like to see more packages head on over to extras, and bring the 5
cd down to a more managable number, but that is personal preference.
plus, I use the DVD anyway :-)

Thanks folks! Smashing Job!!!

BaVinic